Home » United States » Is it cheaper to live in Tampa or Fort Lauderdale?
The cost of living in Fort Lauderdale, FL is 18.0% higher than in Tampa, FL. You would have to earn a salary of $70,806 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in Fort Lauderdale, FL typically pay 2.0% more than employeers in Tampa, FL.
- 1 Where is better to live Fort Lauderdale or Tampa?
- 2 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tampa Florida?
- 3 Is Tampa Florida cheap to live?
- 4 Is Fort Lauderdale affordable to live?
- 5 Should I move to Miami or Fort Lauderdale?
- 6 Is it cheaper to live in Tampa or St Petersburg?
- 7 Is Tampa hotter than Miami?
- 8 Is it cheaper to live in Tampa or Miami?
- 9 Is it cheaper to live in Orlando or Tampa?
- 10 Which part of Florida is best to live in?
- 11 How much do I need to live in Tampa Florida?
- 12 Where is the cheapest place to live near Fort Lauderdale?
- 13 Do you like living in Fort Lauderdale?
- 14 Do people like living in Fort Lauderdale?
- 15 Is it safe to live in Fort Lauderdale Florida?
- 16 What do I need to know about moving to Fort Lauderdale?
- 17 Is Fort Lauderdale more fun than Miami?
- 18 Should I move to St Petersburg or Tampa?
- 19 Is Tampa or Clearwater better?
- 20 Is Tampa different from Tampa Bay?
Where is better to live Fort Lauderdale or Tampa?
Having been to both I prefer Fort Lauderdale because it has much better dining, night life and dining. Both have nice beaches while the water in the Tampa area tends to be warmer since it is on the Gulf of Mexico vs the Atlantic Ocean.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Tampa Florida?
The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the Tampa/St. Pete area would need to earn a combined $ 77,064 per year — or $ 6,422 a month — to live comfortably.
Is Tampa Florida cheap to live?
Tampa, Florida’s cost of living is 5% lower than the national average. The cost of living in any area can vary based on factors such as your career, its average salary and the real estate market of that area.
Is Fort Lauderdale affordable to live?
Fort Lauderdale is the seventh-most-expensive city in Florida, and the cost of living is 37 percent higher than the national average, according to SalaryExpert.
Should I move to Miami or Fort Lauderdale?
The Bottom Line. Both cities offer the things people love about South Florida: beautiful weather, beaches, great food, and rich culture. But while Miami is more culture-rich and walkable with quality schools, Fort Lauderdale offers a quieter lifestyle, less congestion, and more affordable housing options.
Is it cheaper to live in Tampa or St Petersburg?
St. Petersburg is 1.5% less expensive than Tampa.Petersburg housing costs are 3.1% less expensive than Tampa housing costs. Health related expenses are 2.9% more in St.
Is Tampa hotter than Miami?
The annual BestPlaces Comfort Index for Tampa is 6.8 (10=best), which means it is about average compared to other places in Florida. November, April and March are the most pleasant months in Tampa, while August and July are the least comfortable months.
Is it cheaper to live in Tampa or Miami?
The cost of living in Tampa, FL is -15.4% lower than in Miami, FL. You would have to earn a salary of $50,751 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in Tampa, FL typically pay -2.2% less than employers in Miami, FL.
Is it cheaper to live in Orlando or Tampa?
Orlando is 4.0% more expensive than Tampa. Orlando housing costs are 11.8% more expensive than Tampa housing costs. Health related expenses are 1.3% less in Orlando.
Which part of Florida is best to live in?
Best Places to Live in Florida in 2021
- Naples. Nestled in the southwest corner of Florida, along the Gulf of Mexico, Naples holds the top spot for places to live in Florida.
- Fort Myers.
- Port St.
How much do I need to live in Tampa Florida?
Summary about cost of living in Tampa, FL, United States: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,588$ without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 1,001$ without rent. Tampa is 24.76% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Where is the cheapest place to live near Fort Lauderdale?
Most Affordable Neighborhoods In Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Home Beautiful Park. Population 523.
- Lauderdale West. Population 1,065.
- Durrs Homeowners. Population 3,367.
- Dillard Park. Population 1,290.
- Dorsey-Riverbend. Population 4,692.
- River Garden Sweeting Estate. Population 216.
- Sunset. Population 4,181.
- Palm-Aire Village. Population 327.
Do you like living in Fort Lauderdale?
Fort Lauderdale is a huge pool of diversity and this city continues to grow. It’s a very safe and quiet place to live with lots of activities to keep you and members of your family busy. I love Fort Lauderdale most for the weather and vacation-like atmosphere.
Do people like living in Fort Lauderdale?
One of the things people love most about living in Fort Lauderdale is the job opportunities. While Fort Lauderdale cost of living can get a little high, the unemployment rate is only 3.5%, which means the area is booming with employment options.
Is it safe to live in Fort Lauderdale Florida?
Fort Lauderdale is in the 1st percentile for safety, meaning 99% of cities are safer and 1% of cities are more dangerous.The rate of crime in Fort Lauderdale is 240.86 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Fort Lauderdale generally consider the southwest part of the city to be the safest.
What do I need to know about moving to Fort Lauderdale?
9 Things to Know BEFORE Moving to Fort Lauderdale, FL
- South Florida low cost of living.
- It is an active community.
- Fort Lauderdale is family-friendly.
- Great centralized location.
- The picturesque beaches.
- Amazing employment opportunities.
- The fabulous warm weather.
- A superb dining scene.
Is Fort Lauderdale more fun than Miami?
While Miami is certainly the more famous of the two cities, Fort Lauderdale has a lot to offer too. Known as the “Venice of America” because of its extensive network of rivers and waterways, Fort Lauderdale is a more laid-back and relaxing destination than Miami.On the flip side, Miami is better for partying.
Should I move to St Petersburg or Tampa?
Tampa is larger which means more diversity and job opportunities – and more traffic. St. Pete has a more condensed, exciting downtown and it’s closer to the beach. Both have among the best schools in Tampa Bay.
Is Tampa or Clearwater better?
When we compare the travel costs of actual travelers between Clearwater and Tampa, we can see that Clearwater is more expensive. And not only is Tampa much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination. So, traveling to Tampa would let you spend less money overall.
Is Tampa different from Tampa Bay?
Living in Tampa.While you may have heard Tampa and Tampa Bay used interchangeably, there’s just a little different you should know — Tampa is the biggest city in the greater metropolitan area of Tampa Bay, and the whole metro area consists of Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and the four surrounding counties.
About Bo Lang
Bo Lang loves exploring the world. A self-proclaimed "adventurer," Bo has spent his life traveling to new and exciting places. He's climbed mountains, explored jungles, and sailed across the ocean. He's even eaten the beating heart of a king cobra!