Known for its fast pace, the vibrant city of New York is arguably one of the best cities in the entire world! So if you’re looking to learn more then you’re in the right place.Below I’ve curated a bumper list of the best New York quotes that are guaranteed to have you booking your next trip to the Big Apple!Not only can you use these best quotes about New York City to inspire your vacation, but they are also perfect for those looking for New York Captions for Instagram!
Whilst inNew York, you might also like to check out:
- Best Statue of Liberty Quotes and Captions
- Top Brooklyn Quotes and Brooklyn Bridge Captions for Instagram
Quotes on New York City
“I get out of the taxi and it’s probably the only city which in reality looks better than on the postcards: New York.”– Milos Forman
“I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline.” — Ayn Rand
“There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” — Simone de Beauvoir
“New York is not a city – it’s a world.” — Iman
“It’s pretty cliched, but Times Square is just incredible. You really feel like you’re in the capital of the world.”—Timothy F. Cahill
Best New York Captions for Instagram
“New York is really the place to be; to go to New York, you’re going to the centre of the world, the lion’s den.” – Zubin Mehta
If a man can live in Manhattan, he can live anywhere.
London is a mystery, NYC is an explanation.
“If you follow your heart just right, it will get you to New York City.”
“Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s New York.”
Short New York Quotes for Instagram
Welcome to the concrete jungle
Taking a bite out of the Big Apple
A New York minute
Sleepless nights and city lights
Wanderlust and city dust
Once upon a time in New York
Funny Quotes about New York City
“New York City is a tourist trap I don’t mind being in.”
“A bad day in New York City is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
“New York is the only city in the world where you can get run down on the sidewalk by a pedestrian.” – Russell Baker
“I fell in love. His name is New York.”
“Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place.” –JohnnyCarson
“It is ridiculous to set adetectivestoryin New York City. New York City is itself adetectivestory.” – Agatha Christie
“Someone asked me for directions, so you can call me a real New Yorker.”
“When it’s 100 degrees in New York, it’s 72 in Los Angeles. When it’s 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it’s still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles.”― Neil Simon
Top NYC Quotes and New York Sayings
“Anything is possible. This is New York.”
“The wanderer in Manhattan must go forth with a certain innocence, because New York is best seen with innocent eyes.” – Pete Hamill
“If London is a watercolor, New York is an oil painting.” ― Peter Shaffer
“The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.”— John Updike
“Everybody ought to have a lower East Side in their life.” –IrvingBerlin
“More than anything else New York is a city of superlatives, a place where the best, the brightest, the biggest is thenorm.” – Marilyn J. Appleberg
“I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, “There’s no place like New York. It’s the mostexcitingcityin the world now. That’s the way it is. That’s it.” – Robert De Niro
Best Quotes for New York
“Once you have lived in New York and made it your home, no place else is good enough.” – John Steinbeck
“Make yourin New York and you are a made man.” –Twain
“New York had all the iridescence of the beginning of the world.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
“One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.” – Tom Wolfe
“I love New York on summer afternoons when everyone’s away.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
“Give me the streets of Manhattan!” – Walt Whitman
“The glamour of it all! New York!America!” – Charlie Chaplin
“If you want to become a real New Yorker, there’s only one rule: You have to believe New York is, has been, and always will be thegreatestcityon earth. The center of the universe.” – Ellen R. Shapiro
Short NYC Instagram Captions
Enjoying every New York minute
New York, New Me
The city that never sleeps…
Late nights, bright lights
Fairytale of New York
My heart burns for the city lights
Funny New York Instagram Captions
I’m just a little apple in the Big Apple.
I came, I ate, I conquered.
Staten Island floats myboat.
Times Square’s sobright, I need to wearshades.
I’m so happy weMET
Funny New York City Instagram Captions
First Time-rs Square.
A trip to NYC can be very taxi-ng on your wallet
In winter, NYC is the city oftights.
After sightseeing all day, I’m Central Park-ing myself down for the rest of the night
New York Puns for Instagram
The views from the Empire State Building couldn’t be anyNYCer.
Finally made it to the Statue of Liberty. It’s aboattime!
I’d reallylaketo live by Central Park
Winter in NYC issnowjoke
Funny New York City Quotes and Good NYC Captions for Instagram
A trip to New York takes quite a bit ofdough.
Central Park alwaysperksme up.
More like EmpireGreatBuilding, am I right?
Times Squareheals all wounds
In winter, New York makes a great frost impression.
Don’tharborany ill will towards me.
We’re all out ofStock.
Quotes about NY
“I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance.”— Nora Ephron
“The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.”―F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
“I love New York, even though it isn’t mine, the way something has to be, a tree or a street or a house, something, anyway, that belongs to me because I belong to it.”― Truman Capote
“There is more sophistication and less sense in New York than anywhere else on the globe.” – Elbert Hubbard
“It is often said that New York is a city for only the very rich and the very poor. It is less often said that New York is also, at least for those of us who came there from somewhere else, a city for only the very young.” –JoanDidion
“New York City is a great monument to the power of money and greed… a race for rent.” –FrankLloydWright
New Yorkers Quotes
“But there is one thing about it — once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough.”― John Steinbeck
“My favorite thing about New York is the people, because I think they’re misunderstood. I don’t think people realize how kind New York people are.”— Bill Murray
“Being a New Yorker grounds you in every way. Before you walk out of the house, you can dress in the nicest clothes and be whoever you think you are, but when you’re on those streets, you’re just in the school of fish.”— Awkafina
“Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud. No other city is so spitefully incoherent.”— James Baldwin
Sayings about New York City
“London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. Always it believes that something good is about to come off, and it must hurry to meet it.”— Dorothy Parker
“A hundred times have I thought New York is acatastrophe, and fifty times: It is abeautifulcatastrophe.” – Le Corbusier
“When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is. Clean is not enough.”— Fran Lebowitz
“I don’t like cities. But I like New York. Other places make me feel like a dork.”— Madonna
“If Louis was right, and you only get one great love, New York may just be mine. And I can’t have nobody talking nonsense about my boyfriend.”— Carrie Bradshaw
“One’s life andpassionmay be elsewhere, but New York is where you prove if what you think in theory makes sense in life.” – Miuccia Prada
“This is the city ofdreamers and time and again it’s the place where the greatestdreamof all, theAmericandream, has been tested and has triumphed.” – Michael Bloomberg
“New York is made up of millions of different people, and they all come here looking for something.” –LindseyKelk
New York Song Quotes
“Welcome to New York. It’s been waiting for you.” – Taylor Swift
“New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothin’ you can’t do now you’re in New York.” – Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps.” – Frank Sinatra
“I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.” — Frank Sinatra
“New York City’s the place where they said, ‘Hey, babe, Take a walk on the wild side’” – Lou Reed
“Times Square can’t shine as bright as you.” — Plain White T’s
“I’m in a New York state of mind.” — Billy Joel
That’s 100 of the Best Quotes about NYC
That’s the end of my bumper list, so I hope you’ve managed to find theperfect New York quote.
I’d love to know which one is your favorite, and if I’ve missed any awesome New York phrases then please let me know in the comments below.
Planning a Trip to New York City?
If you want to read more, check out some of mymost popular related posts:
- Brooklyn Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- Best Statue of Liberty Captions and Quotes
- Best Instagram Captions for New Jersey
- Quotes about Exploration that Will Spark Your Wanderlust
- Sunrise Captions That Will Make You An Early Riser
- Summer captions to make you smile
- Road Trip Quotes Guaranteed to Fuel Your Wanderlust
- Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Chicago Quotes and Sayings
- Best Seattle Quotes and Captions
- Top Washington DC Instagram Quotes
- Kentucky Captions and Sayings
- Las Vegas Quotes for Instagram
- Hawaii Captions and Quotes
- Miami Captions and Sayings
- Instagram Captions for Florida
- Colorado Captions for Instagram
- Arizona Captions and Quotes
- Best Atlanta Sayings for Instagram
- Best Alabama Instagram Quotes and Captions
- Quotes about New Orleans
- Grand Canyon Quotes for Instagram
- Texas Quotes and Captions for Insta
- Best Boston Sayings
- Best Alaska Sayings for Instagram
- Best Ohio State Instagram Captions
- Best July 4th Quotes on Independence Day
- Nashville Tennessee Quotes for Instagram
- Best Canada Quotes for Instagram
- Best Captions about Charleston South Carolina
- Beautiful Quotes about San Francisco
- San Diego Captions for Instagram
- California Quotes and Sayings
- Best Los Angeles Quotes and Captions
- Best Utah Captions for Instagram
- Vermont Quotes for Instagram
- Oregon Quotes, Sayings and Captions
- Michigan Captions and Puns
- Best Maine Quotes and Captions
- Best Instagram Captions for Montana
- Best Philadelphia Quotes and Sayings
- Yosemite Sayings and Instagram Captions
- Best John Muir Quotes
- Best National Park Sayings, Quotes and Captions
- Best Puerto Rico Quotes and Captions
- If you like Quotes and Captions check out myPinterest board
Save New York City Captions to Pinterest for Later
What is the famous quote of New York? ›
Some More New York City Quotes. “The skyline of New York is a monument of a splendor that no pyramids or palaces will ever equal or approach.” “Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud.How do you write a catchy caption? ›
- Make the most of the first sentence. ...
- Include a call to action or ask a question. ...
- Add value. ...
- Write like a human (not a robot) ...
- Draft your Instagram captions on a separate platform. ...
- Use storytelling. ...
- Use emojis and have fun with them. ...
- Consider caption length.
- DO say something new. ...
- DON'T use labels. ...
- DO add a hook. ...
- DON'T state the obvious. ...
- DO caption a stock photo. ...
- DON'T be afraid to go long. ...
- DO try, try again.
The banner shows the State motto--Excelsior--which means "Ever Upward" and E pluribus unum—which means "Out of many one." E pluribus unum was added as part of FY 2021 Enacted Budget.What is the most famous line ever? ›
- “ May the Force be with you.” - Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There's no place like home.” - The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I'm the king of the world!” - ...
- “ Carpe diem. ...
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” - ...
- “ It's alive! ...
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. ...
- “ I'll be back.” -
- Too glam to give a damn.
- Many have an idea of me. ...
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
- You don't need a king to be a queen.
- Always classy, never trashy, and a little bit sassy.
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
- Life isn't perfect, but my hair is!
- Be a stiletto in a room of flats.
- You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions.
- I'm the queen of my own little world.
- My hair is the crown I never take off.
- They told me I couldn't. ...
- Stay out of my way. ...
- You were my cup of tea, but I drink champagne now.
- People will stare.
10 Tricks for Creating Catchy Content
- Tell Stories. ...
- Observe. ...
- Keep a Journal. ...
- Freewrite. ...
- Share Your Writing. ...
- Use Active Verbs. ...
- Write Catchy Openings. ...
- Use Simple Language.
Caption Starters are what you write at the beginning of your captions. And calls-to-action are what you write at the end of your caption. Some people like to use a call-to-action as their caption.
What are the 3 parts of a caption? ›
The three core elements of a converting caption are The Hook, The Body, and CTA.What are New York Life's values? ›
New York Life Insurance Company Mission Statement
As a mutual company owned by our clients, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of transparency, objectivity, and integrity.
Etymology. In 1664, New York was named in honor of the Duke of York, who would become King James II of England. James's elder brother, King Charles II, appointed the Duke proprietor of the former territory of New Netherland, including the city of New Amsterdam, when England seized it from Dutch control.What is the New York Symbol? ›
Beaver. More than any other factor, the beaver was most instrumental in motivating French exploration in the New World and for the establishment of Dutch and English trading posts that opened New York to colonization.What are 2 nicknames for New York? ›
New York City is known by many nicknames—such as “the City that Never Sleeps” or “Gotham”—but the most popular one is probably “the Big Apple.” How did this nickname come about?What are iconic lines? ›
- "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Gone with the Wind (1939) ...
- "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." The Godfather (1972) ...
- "You don't understand! I coulda had class. ...
- "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." The Wizard of Oz (1939) ...
- "Here's looking at you, kid."
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. - ...
- Life is a long lesson in humility. - ...
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - ...
- Love the life you live. ...
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -
- "The future is not something we enter. ...
- "If you don't think about the future, you cannot have one." ...
- "Never let the future disturb you. ...
- "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." ...
- "The only way you can predict the future is to build it."
- Make the most of the first sentence. ...
- Include a CTA or ask a question. ...
- Add value. ...
- Write like a human (not a robot) ...
- Draft captions on a separate platform. ...
- Use storytelling. ...
- Use emojis and have fun. ...
- Consider caption length.
The most-liked post on Instagram is a photo of an egg, which has been liked by over 56 million different accounts as of June 2022. The post is also the most-liked internet post of all time of any website.
What are simple Captions for Instagram? ›
- If you want the opportunity to knock, it's time to build a door.
- The little things in life matter.
- If you don't believe in yourself, who will?
- I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
- It always seems impossible until it's done.
Stylish Instagram Captions for Girls
No matter how you're feeling: Go get up, Dress up, Show up and Never you dare to give up. I have fallen in love with the confidence that makeup brings in me. Be a diamond esteemed and rare, not a stone found everywhere. Beauty Begins The Moment You Decided To Be Yourself.
- Just do it.
- Worry less, smile more.
- I'll fight till the last gasp.
- Be a voice, not an echo.
- I can and I will.
- Be true to yourself.
- Do more of what makes you happy.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
New York is known for its towering skyscrapers, famous districts, and endless energy. From baseball and pizzas to Times Square and yellow cabs, there's a lot to explore in the Big Apple. Amongst the metropolitan boroughs, New York is also famous for its nature including Thousand Island and Finger Lake regions.What do you caption a fair post? ›
- Life is like a county fair.
- Next stop: the bumper cars.
- What's so special about going round in circles? ...
- The only place where you can get all foods on a stick.
- Going to the state fair, hoping I win something.
- Sweet as cotton candy, bright as the moon.
- Festival of sheer madness.
- Let's go again.
- "Wow, I'm cute!"
- "I'm impressing myself."
- “You're in italic, I'm in bold.” — ...
- "Outfit of the Day or Outfit of the Bae?"
- "Adjust my hair, adjust my clothes, so I can get that fire post. ...
- "Want 100% of your attention" —Charli XCX, "Focus"
- "I've been riding my own wave. ...
- "If you think I look good, don't think.
- I'm a hot girl but I never lose my cool.
- Does my sparkle burn your eyes?
- Just like the alphabet, I come before U.
- Why chase you when I'm the catch?
- No GPS but it's my turn.
- 20/20 vision and I still don't see any competition.
- I'm none of your business.
- Sit up when I walk in.
People who live in New York are called New Yorkers and Empire Staters.What is the number 1 attraction in New York? ›
1. Statue of Liberty. America's most iconic sight, the Statue of Liberty is at the top of every first-time visitor's list of things to do in New York.What makes NYC special? ›
There's no other city on the planet with an energy that can compete with New York. The fast pace, the buzzing traffic, the hustle and bustle of the people, the 24-hour life, and the creative spirit make NYC one of the most vibrant places in the world.
What is a sweet caption? ›
"You stole my heart, but I'll let you keep it." "Like rain, I fell for you." "Together is a wonderful place to be." "Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite." "You're my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace."
A caption appears next to the image and identifies or describes the image, and credits the source. There is no standard format for captions. Point out any aspects of the image that you think are noteworthy or relevant.What should I caption a city picture? ›
- "City of stars, are you shining just for me?" — " ...
- "I fell in love, his name is New York."
- "Wanderlust and city dust."
- "My kind of town."
- "A concrete version of paradise." — Marisa Casciano.
- "These streets will make you feel brand new." — Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, "Empire State of Mind"